Last Revised: 9/6/18
1. What information does Idea Spectrum collect?
When you purchase products and/or subscriptions on our site, our registration process asks you to provide us with a limited amount of personal information. This information is necessary to process your order/subscription. Some examples are: name, e-mail address, and billing/shipping information (e.g., credit card number, shipping address).
2. How is the information used?
Idea Spectrum uses the information that you provide to process your orders and/or subscriptions. Idea Spectrum may also use the information to offer new products, services and updates. Your subscription information, download link, product activation codes, purchase receipts, and/or update notifications will be sent to your email address. You can easily unsubscribe from these if desired. If you supply us with your telephone number, it will only be used to contact you with information regarding your order.
3. Does Idea Spectrum share the information I’ve provided?
We will not intentionally release your personalized information to anyone other than you or our agents (such as contracted fulfillment parties, if any). With regard to agents, we may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. These functions may include website management services, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, or processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
When purchasing Uvision 3D Landscape Creator, your personalized information will be forwarded to Hedgestone Holdings, Inc. (parent company of Unilock) who may contact you with product information and offers.
4. Protection of Idea Spectrum and Others
5. Do I have choices regarding how my information is used?
You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to subscribe or make a purchase or to take advantage of such Idea Spectrum features as listed above.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. Cookies let us “remember” information about your preferences and passwords and allow you to move within our web sites without reintroducing yourself. We use cookie and web beacon technology to track which pages on our sites our visitors view and which web browsers our visitors use. Cookies allow us to record session information (such as items that customers add to their shopping carts). They record user-specific information on what pages customers access or visit, record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when customers return to our site, and customize web page content on customers’ browser type or other information that the customer sends.
Cookies do not enable us to determine the identity of any visitor to our web site, except when you sign-in to your account or provide us with that information. We cannot identify you unless you specifically tell us who you are.
Most Internet browsers permit you to erase or block cookies. Refer to your browser instructions or help screens to assist you in these processes: preventing your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that cookies permit you to take full advantage of Idea Spectrum features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Web beacons and similar technologies are tiny or transparent images that, for example, allow us and third parties to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies. When you access a page containing a beacon, you establish a communication with a web server, which collects certain information about your computer or device. This information may include your IP address, browser type, operating system type, and identifiers that have been stored in cookies. We may use beacons on our sites to count the number of visitors to our sites and to recognize users by accessing unique identifiers stored in cookies that we have set on their computers or devices. Being able to access these identifiers enables us to provide a personalized experience on our Site. We may also include beacons in advertisements or in email messages to determine how these are acted on.
We (and the third parties that provide content, advertising, or functionality on our Site) may also use other kinds of local storage technologies that operate similarly to cookies, such as local shared objects (also known as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage. These technologies are similar to cookies in that they make use of storage on your device for the purpose of identifying the device across different services and sessions.
7. Third parties that provide content, advertising, or functionality on our Site
One of the third parties that provides services on our Site is Google Inc. Like many websites, we use Google Analytics, a service that provides information about how many users visit our Site, when they visit, and how they navigate the Site once they are here .
We also may use other Google Analytics tools, such as Demographics and Interest Reporting, which enables us to learn more about the characteristics and interests of the users who visit our Site, and Remarketing with Google Analytics, which enables us to provide relevant advertising on different websites and online services.
8. How secure is the information I provided?
Idea Spectrum is committed to securing your personal information. We use technology that is designed for use with secure web servers. Personal information resides in a database behind a firewall where it cannot be accessed without proper authorization. Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology encrypts your personal information as it is transmitted over the Internet.
We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
9. Does Idea Spectrum collect information from children?
It is our intent not to sell to persons under the age of 18 and it is our policy not to do so. We do not sell children’s products. If you are under 18, you should not use the Site.
10. Information You Give Us and Your Consent
11. Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to other sites that we believe offer our customers useful services or information. Since these other sites are not under the control of Idea Spectrum, we cannot and do not make any representation or guarantee regarding the linked sites or their content. Our providing these links does not constitute an endorsement by Idea Spectrum, and we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or security procedures of the linked sites. Therefore, you may want to review a linked site’s privacy and security policies before entering any information.
12. Better Business Bureau Member
We are a member of the Better Business Bureau. If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact state or local chapters of the Better Business Bureau.
13. Privacy Notice for EU Residents
This Section 13 governs personal information gathered from data subjects located in the EU only.
13.1 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) Information
The following information describes our commitments to you under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
The GDPR makes a distinction between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “Data Controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “Data Processors”). For instance, if you register an account with Idea Spectrum, Idea Spectrum will be a Data Controller with respect to the information you enter during the registration process.
When We Act as Data Controller
If we process your personal information as a Data Controller, the following applies:
We collect, use, and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
• Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you; or
• Our use of your personal information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization (for example in order to make improvements to our products and services and to provide you with information you request);
• Our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (for example, where we are required to disclose personal information to a court); or
• Our use of your personal information is in accordance with your consent.
If you would like to find out more about the legal bases on which we process personal information, please contact us using the details below.
Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, EU residents have certain rights in relation to their personal information:
• Right to access, correct, and delete your personal information. Please contact email@example.com to exercise these rights. We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise, or deference of legal claims.
• Right to restrict the processing of your personal information. You have the right to restrict the use of your personal information. However, we can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction (a) where we have your consent; (b) to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (c) to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
• Right to data portability. To the extent that we process your information (i) based on your consent or under a contract; and (ii) through automated means, you have the right to receive such personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller.
• Right to object to profiling based on your personal information.
• Personal data retention. We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services, or for other important purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues regarding your data protection or requests with us first before contacting the relevant supervisory authority. If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, please indicate the right you would like to exercise and the information that you would like to access, review, correct, or delete.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the requested personal information. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
When We Act As Data Processor
Where we process your data in our capacity as a Data Processor, the processing of your data will not be governed by the foregoing provisions (“When We Act As Data Controller”), but you can contact the Data Controller directly to learn about their processing of your information and to exercise your rights, or we will forward your request directly to them at your request.
Idea Spectrum’s “privacy by design” approach requires that our default user data protection levels be at the highest setting by default. In the unlikely event of breach, Idea Spectrum will notify data subjects and Supervisory Authorities (SAs) in the EU according to procedures provided in GDPR Articles 33 and 34.
15. Whom can I contact if I have questions or concerns?
16. What is your other contact information?
Idea Spectrum, Inc.
P.O. Box 7920
Bonney Lake, WA 98391
Toll free: 1-866-894-4332 (Mon-Fri 8am-4pm PST)
Outside the U.S. 253-862-2678 (Mon-Fri 8am-4pm PST)